The overused phrase make your website work for you is not always explained well but if you do some of the following items it can make the website work as a partime employee for you and perhaps even generate some business for you. Ultimately like most things on the Internet it takes a bit of work and perhaps doing things a little differently to others or even doing things that your competition is not doing at all.
- Put your phone number clearly on the page. Believe me many people don’t and this is one of the many reasons people do go to sites just for this information. But I have spoken on the contact number topic many times in the past.
- Create an FAQ section clearly on the page with a simple list of what are your most regular questions. Don’t create marketing FAQs to show off your wares. Put in real answers to real questions. We are failing on that front and I am in the process of putting such an FAQ in place.
- Don’t be afraid to put prices on your site. People shop around on the internet and if you explain some of your core prices then people will appreciate it.
- Have a quick feedback link or contact form prominently on the front page so people can dropa quick email to you with questions.
- Have your social media links clearly visible so people at least have this interaction method available.
- If you blog (you do blog right) have your most recent blog post there showing what you are thinking about, creating or doing that day or week in your business.
- In your About page show your human side and perhaps even a photo of the team or staff. It pays to put a face to a name or brand. If you can afford it get a professional or at least in this day and age a high quality image from a good digital camera