When we first started working with different CMS we worked with Joomla, Drupal and WordPress in that order actually. WE moved away from Joomla as it became less flexible and made a strategic learning curve decision to stop developing in Drupal.
Now 90% of our sites are WordPress and we consider ourselves to be one of the leading developers of WordPress sites not only in Cork but in Ireland (not the world yet).
We use WordPress for several reasons.
- Our clients find it easy to create and edit pages.
- It has great eCommerce integration
- It comes with a blog built in by default which is great for creating content.
- It has great support.
- There is a wide range of free and paid plugins that enhance and extend your the website
- It is very well supported by a free forum and due to its popularity there is a lot of great free information out there on it.
- It is updated regularly and is super easy to upgrade. The other CMS don’t upgrade half as often.
- It allows multiple users controlled by user name and password. Even if you are a small company more than one person may want to create pages and keep the site up to date.
- With recent releases it is more and more responsive (mobile friendly) out of the box. For example when you add images they are automatically styled to adapt to mobile devices no matter what the size.
- There are a lot of nice SEO features built in. Like title management, URL editing and with the above mentioned plugins you can tailor important SEO features to help you improve your search engine ranking.
Contact us to talk about your WordPress project today.