This is a quick post on you as a business can get selling online in under 48 hours. This isn’t a designed site, nor has it any bells and whistles. It allows you add 4-5 products and tell customers that you sell them online.
If you do this yourself then your total spend is about €150. If you need some help contact me and I will quote you for my time to accomplish below and add in some design as well in the same time frame
List of Stuff to Do
- Get a Stripe or Paypal account. Go to their websites to start this process. This is what will possibly take the longest to get done as you need to accept money.
- Register a domain www.MYGREATWEBSITE.com is a domain. Blacknight are a fine Irish company where you can do this.
- COST: First year €5.99
- When there also get hosting and an SSL cert. YOu can’t run a website without hosting and an SSL cert is important for eCommerce.
- COST: Hosting €60 per year
- COST: SSL €30 per year
- Once you have your domain, hosting and SSL cert in place. Then install WordPress on your site. Blacknight offer a one-click install. WordPress is free and installing it with the default template takes 10 minutes
- Install WooCommerce a free open source eCommerce platform. Takes again abouyt 30 minutes to install.
- Add your payment provider details in WooCommerce settings.
- Add your products with prices, images and descriptions.
- Setup shipping for your site.
Once this is done you are basically ready to roll. Yes there are a million other things that you can do but this gets you online in 48 hours. Total costs under €100.
If you aren’t sure how to do any of these things then Google them and find a video or how to on it as there are plenty of them. If you are scared to death of all this type of thing. Use the contact form and I can and will help you.