There was a time when I had not a lot of time for the Shopify platform. I bundled it along with platforms like Wix and Squarespace thinking that it was just one of these cheapo ecommerce platforms that really wasn’t set up for serious e commerce activity.
Of course, nothing could be further from the truth.
And in 2020, more and more people are coming to me, asking for me to build Shopify e ommerce sites. Since then, we have built 6 Shopify sites and I actually think it is one of the best platforms out there today.
Here are some of the reasons why.
1. Ease of Use
Shopify is quite simple to setup, you log in, add your products, add your payment method and if you’re anywhere it literate, you can have a Shopify ecommerce site up and running in a day.
The joy of Shopify is that it is easy to use has a great user experience.
For a novice who really hasn’t had a lot of time, you can get it up and running quickly. The important thing to know about Shopify is that it’s not a one off payment or an open source platform. So once you sign up for Shopify, you are immediately signed up to a minimum a monthly payment to be under site. This is how they make their money.
In addition, as you want to grow an add features like paid plugins in WordPress, you would possibly have to pay more a monthly fee for little features like more complex shipping options, email newsletters, editors, and so on to expand how your Shopify site works.
Shopify User Experience
Shopify is easy to use and the UX is top class.
The user experience for people who are your customers or want to use Shopify is exceptional. It is crisp, clean, gets people to the checkout easily and most importantly for you as an ecommerce website owner is easy to mange.
It also has a growing range of features and add ons (paid and free) to allow you grow the capability of your site..
Of course all these features are available in to commerce platforms today. Where Shopify excels is by allowing you instal them and use them with a minimum of effort.
Shopify is growing every single day
Shopify ss adding new functionality every single day to its base and extended platforms.
With new applications, new plugins, new additions, the one thing that is definitely going to improve and is his ability to add standard pages. This is the one failure that I am not happy with with Shopify in that you need to add an add on Page Builder to create more complicated pages. In addition, it is not an easy platform developer in for a novice and you need to learn a whole new language when you are moving from platforms like WooCommerce or Magento, which use standard php.
But we have all we here have overcome the obstacle and are very happy to encourage our new users to use Shopify. If you’re a client who clearly wants e commerce and Shopify is possibly the best way to go. If you want a mix of E commerce and blogging and pages, and once your card form to be more of a mix, then perhaps Shopify is not mature enough for that yet. But as a company, we would encourage people to use Shopify more and more as their platform of choice for selling online.
Top 10 Shopify Benefits
Shopify is built for e-commerce. The platform includes popular features that most online businesses need to sell online and manage their e-commerce stores.
- Sell physical and digital products The Shopify platform supports sales for both physical and digital products; buyers can download digital products directly from a Shopify site immediately after purchase
- Unlimited products List as many products as you want
- Unlimited bandwidth and storage Shopify doesn’t limit site traffic or file/image storage
- Shopify analytics Access key online store performance metrics through your Shopify Dashboard.
- Track and manage inventory Set up inventory tracking and monitor product counts
- 24/7 customer support Shopify offers support via phone, email, live chat, social media, a community forum and an in-depth online Help Centre
- Accept recurring payments for subscriptions You can sell subscriptions on your website and accept recurring payments via Shopify Payments, PayPal Express or Authorize.net
- Mobile apps Shopify offers apps for iOS and Android that allow you to manage your store from anywhere
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Shopify plans include built-in tools to help you optimise your site for search
- Blogging Add a blog to your online store to boost SEO and extend customer engagement.